Its Thursday and there is a 42K in the horizon (Sunday). According to what i’ve read and heard, today would be the best day to do my favorite activity before a marathon – CARBOLOADING! So the other night I sent messages to friends asking them to have a “proper” carboloading today, not tomorrow, not on Saturday (which we usually do).
All said yes so I am thinking of options…
If we’re doing it in Makati as in within the vicinity of the office here are the options:
- 101 Hawker Food House – Affordable, delicious hawker style food. I am a fan of Hainanese Chicken so that is what I usually order when I eat there. They have a lot in their menu but what really stands out is the Spicy Squid. It is just so good! And they have Tsing Tao beer in 600 mL bottles!
- Kanin Club – what is carboloading without Kanin? I remember the last time I was there, the food almost made me cry. It was oh so delicious. Makes you want to have some extra Kanin. Crispy Dinuguan is their winning dish but most of the food there makes you want to have more Kanin.
- 8065 Bagnet – is an alternative to the delicious crispy dinuguan in Kanin Klub. Tastes as good in budget friendly costs. Their food is basically Bagnet cooked in so many ways. I would often order their Okra with bagoong to make it a bit healthy (of course I try to skip the bagoong.) :p
- Pat Pat’s Kansi – The Kansi is really great but it was the grilled pork that stole my heart. It was just yum!
- Buddy’s Pancit Lukban – I remember one Saturday when I asked friends to have dinner there instead of the usual dinner at a friend’s condo. They can’t help but notice how quiet I was the whole time. I was concentrating on the longganisang Lukban I was eating. We forgot the pancit but we left raving and talking about eating there again and ordering Hardinera and of course the longganisa.
But we are not having it in Makati. We’re having it in Bonifacio High Street instead! So I am lost I just hope we don’t find ourselves walking towards the Market! Market! foodcourt. 😀