To prepare for the Condura Skyway matrathon I have:
- bought and tested the shortest running shorts in the market and am still undecided which one I would wear on Sunday.
- bought a new pair of shoes and decided that they were not for a 42K distance so I need to buy a new one (already had my eye on the K-Swiss Stability Max but they still don’t have it in stores so i’m using my old trusted, and colorful Asics Tri Noosa 6).
- bought a pair of compression sleeves and realized that they don’t match with the color of the shirt I am wearing for the race so I am buying another one.
- decided to wear that singlet I bought in Singapore last December
- started eating pickles since yesterday
- and will be carboloading with friends tonight
- might buy sports beans tomorrow (doing it for the 1st time).
Now let us talk about training:
- I went to the gym twice a week to do some core training since the 2nd week of January.
- I ran weekends (farthest was 46.2K in around 9 hours, shortest was 5K in a race where I finished 2nd with a 24-minute finish time)
So what does this say?
- I am not trained for the marathon.
- I am enjoying the eating part.
- I am aiming for a good picture more than a strong finish.
🙂 Enjoy the weekend!