I have three blisters. One on my right foot, two in my left foot. These blisters remind me that I am able to conquer whatever I want to conquer. These blisters remind me not to give up. These blisters remind me to train more and that I can do better.
I finished 57 kilometers in 8 hours, 34 minutes, and 40 seconds. I was the 38th person to cross the finish line with my friend Jonathan. We actually finished together but my name appeared 1st in the list. Now I can proudly tell friends that hey, I ran the distance from the airport to our place.
Earlier I posted my apprehensions about the event. About how I was not able to run enough to prepare for the race. Yabang at kapal ng mukha was my only boost to finish the race. Then, I was already sure that I would finish before the cut-off. I know that I can finish strong. I did!
Some lessons learned during the race:
- It is always good to run with a friend and stick with him til the finish line
- Encouragement from fellow runners adds an additional boost
- Long sleeved shirt or sleeves are essential
- An extra pair of socks (need to find a really good and comfy pair) is needed
- Extra shirt too
- Don’t leave things in the car
- Focus on the positive forget the negatives
- Chatting with people makes the route shorter